No Chinese national among Orlando shooting victims so far: Consulate-General
Updated: 2016-06-13 10:59
Friends and family members embrace outside the Orlando Police Headquarters during the investigation of a shooting at the Pulse night club in Orlando, Florida, US, June 12, 2016. [Photo/Agencies]
ORLANDO, the United States - No Chinese national has been found among the victims of the Florida nightclub mass shooting so far, the Chinese Consulate-General in Houston said Sunday.
The consulate-general informed Xinhua over phone that US law enforcement has not finished identifying the victims as of 7 pm(2300 GMT), but no Chinese was identified as of Sunday night.
US authorities have released only six names of the victims killed in the worst mass shooting incident in US history, and are still in the process of identifying the rest of the victims.
At least 50 people were killed and 53 others wounded, including a police officer in the incident early Sunday.
The Consulate-General in Houston said it has established direct contact with the US authorities, and would be informed immediately if any Chinese nationals were among the injured and killed.