Turkey's Erdogan says to fight forces behind Ankara bombing
Updated: 2016-02-18 09:08
Firefighters prepare to extinguish fire after an explosion in Ankara, Turkey February 17, 2016. [Photo/Agencies]
ISTANBUL - Turkey's fight against "pawns" carrying out attacks and the forces behind them will grow more determined, President Tayyip Erdogan said in a statement on Wednesday.
Erdogan said this after at least 28 people were killed and 61 others wounded in a car bomb attack targeting the Turkish military in the capital Ankara on Wednesday. According to Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulus, the government has so far no information on who carried out the attack.
"We will continue our fight against the pawns that carry out such attacks, which know no moral or humanitarian bounds, and the forces behind them with more determination every day," Erdogan said in a statement.
A car laden with explosives detonated next to military buses near the armed forces' headquarters on Wednesday. The military condemned the bombing as a terrorist attack on the buses as they waited at traffic lights.