7 Chinese confirmed dead in Bangkok blast
Updated: 2015-08-19 22:25
A blessing decoration for an injured Chinese tourist is seen at the King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital in Bangkok, capital of Thailand, on Aug 19, 2015.[Photo/Xinhua]
BANGKOK - A total of seven Chinese nationals, including five from the mainland and two from the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, have been confirmed killed in a Bangkok explosion Monday night, the Chinese Embassy in Thailand said Wednesday.
The latest confirmed fatality was previously labeled as missing, according to the embassy.
Another 26 Chinese, including 19 from the mainland, five from Hong Kong and two from Taiwan, were being treated in hospitals, the embassy said.
Ten of the 26 were in intensive care units, including seven from the mainland, two from Taiwan and one from Hong Kong, it added.
A deadly explosion rocked Erawan Shrine, a popular tourist destination in downtown Bangkok, on Monday night, leaving at least 20 people dead and more than 100 others injured.
Thai police has offered a reward of 1 million baht (28,100 US dollars) for any information leading to the capture of the suspect, and released a sketch of the foreign-looking, young man wearing a yellow T-shirt and glasses.