Li Na out of WTA top 5 after Wimbledon
Updated: 2011-07-05 09:25
Li Na of China celebrates after defeating Alla Kudryavtseva of Russia at the Wimbledon tennis championships in London, June 21, 2011. [Photo/Agencies]
China's French Open champion Li Na has dropped out of the women's singles top five in WTA's new rankings released on Monday.
Li was ranked world No 6 in the new rankings after an early exit in the latest Wimbledon Grand Slam tournament. The Wimbledon finalists, Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic and Maria Sharapova of Russia, have both advanced in the new list.
Following are the new WTA Tour rankings:
1. Caroline Wozniacki, Denmark, 9,915 points.
2. Kim Clijsters, Belgium, 7,625.
3. Vera Zvonareva, Russia, 6,695.
4. Victoria Azarenka, Belarus, 6,465.
5. Maria Sharapova, Russia, 6,141.
6. Li Na, China, 5,855.
7. Petra Kvitova, Czech Republic, 5,437.
8. Francesca Schiavone, Italy, 4,860.
9. Marion Bartoli, France, 4,230.
10. Sam Stosur, Australia, 3,405.
11. Andrea Petkovic, Germany, 3,305.
12. Svetlana Kuznetsova, Russia, 3,220.
13. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova, Russia, 2,995.
14. Agnieszka Radwanska, Poland, 2,995.
15. Jelena Jankovic, Serbia, 2,775.
16. Julia Goerges, Germany, 2,715.
17. Peng Shuai, China, 2,580.
18. Ana Ivanovic, Serbia, 2,555.
19. Yanina Wickmayer, Belgium, 2,470.
20. Dominika Cibulkova, Slovakia, 2,455.
Chinese fireworks overcome cloudy times, pin hopes on burgeoning domestic demand
The Party has been leading the country and people to prosperity.
Foreign readers are invited to share your China stories.
Cleanup of Xi'an wasteland pays off for ancient city