New visa for foreign relatives

Updated: 2013-07-22 15:12


  Comments() Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按钮 0

Foreigners working in China will find it easier to bring members of their extended family, under a regulation released on Monday.

The regulation, released by the Legislative Affairs Office of the State Council, states that China will grant a new type of visa, the S visa, for the family members of foreign professionals.

Parents and parents-in-law will be qualified to apply for the S visa, which stands for “relative” in Chinese, once the regulation goes into effect in September. The visa will permit a stay of more than six months.

An S2 visa will grant short-term residency to family members.