18 suffer food poisoning in Central China

Updated: 2013-03-23 19:52


  Comments() Print Mail Large Medium  Small 分享按钮 0

YICHANG - Eighteen people suffered food poisoning late Friday after eating at a night market near a university in central China's Hubei Province, local authorities told Xinhua Saturday.

The 18 included seven students of China Three Gorges University, two university teachers, eight other customers and one owner of the market stall. They were sent to the Central Hospital of Gezhouba in Yichang City, a Yichang municipal government official said.

All 18 were in stable condition and eight of them have left hospital, the official said.

An initial investigation showed that unclean tofu was the source of the food poisoning, according to the hospital.

The food stall has been closed by police and a further investigation is underway.