Paisley Park, home of Prince, to open for public tours
Updated: 2016-08-29 10:04
Prince died of an accidental overdose of the painkiller fentanyl in April. Fans embrace near a makeshift memorial outside Paisley Park, the home of the late rock superstar. [Photo/Agencies]
Bremer Trust said in a statement that millions of Prince fans will get the chance to tour the 65,000-square-foot complex in the Minneapolis suburb of Chanhassen, where Prince collapsed in an elevator and died of an accidental overdose of the painkiller fentanyl in April.
"Opening Paisley Park is something that Prince always wanted to do and was actively working on," Prince's sister, Tyka Nelson, said in the statement.
"Only a few hundred people had the rare opportunity to tour the estate during his lifetime. Now, fans from around the world will be able to experience Prince's world for the first time as we open the doors to this incredible place."